Terms and conditions
Please read these terms carefully before using the website. Using this website indicates that you accept these terms.
Use of site
Central Highlands Water authorises you to view and download the materials at this website only for your personal, non-commercial use, provided that you retain all copyright, trademark, and other proprietary notices contained in the original materials on any copies of these materials.
You may not modify the materials at this website in any way, nor may you reproduce or publicly display, distribute or otherwise use them for any public or commercial purpose without the prior written permission of Central Highlands Water.
This website, including all materials on this website, is copyright and protected by copyright laws and provisions. You agree to comply with all copyright laws worldwide in your use of this website and to prevent any unauthorised copying of any of the materials. Except as provided herein, Central Highlands Water does not grant any express or implied right to you under any patents, trademarks or copyrights information. You agree not to interrupt or attempt to interrupt the operation of the website in any way.
Links to other websites
Links to third party websites on this website are provided solely as a convenience to you. If you use these links, you will leave this website. Central Highlands Water does not control and is not responsible for any of these sites or their content. Central Highlands Water does not endorse or make representations about them, or any information, software or other products or services found there or any results that may be obtained from using them. The link to any other website does not imply an endorsement by Central Highlands Water of that website or website-owner or that Central Highlands Water is a sponsor of or affiliated or associated with, or is legally authorised to use any trademark, trade name, logo or copyrighted material displayed in or accessible through the links, or that any linked website is authorised to use any trademark, trade name, logo or copyright symbol of Central Highlands Water. If you leave this website to access any of the third party sites linked to this website, you do it entirely at your own risk.
Guidelines for linking to this website
If you wish to link to this website, you must comply with the following restrictions. A website that links to the Central Highlands Water website:
- May link to, but not replicate, Central Highlands Water content
- Should not create a browser or border environment around Central Highlands Water content
- Should not imply that Central Highlands Water is endorsing it or its products
- Should not misrepresent its relationship with Central Highlands Water
- Should not present false information about Central Highlands Water, its business or its operations
- Should not use the Central Highlands Water logo without the express permission of Central Highlands Water
- Should not contain content that could be construed as obscene, offensive or controversial, and should contain only content that is appropriate for all age groups
Central Highlands Water may revise these terms at any time by updating this posting. You should visit this page from time to time to review the then-current terms because they are binding on you. Central Highlands Water may terminate, change, suspend or discontinue any aspect of the Central Highlands Water website, including the availability of any features of the website, at any time.
Eligibility & access
My Account is a free service for you as a Central Highlands Water customer which allows you to manage your Central Highlands Water water and wastewater accounts online. To be eligible for My Account, you must be a Central Highlands Water residential or small business customer.
To access My Account:
- you must be the primary account holder for the service or be authorised by the primary account holder to have access;
- you will need to know your account number; and
- you will need a login (your email) and a password.
You are responsible for all actions taken by any person using My Account with your login and password (such as an authorised person or business associate). You should change your password if you no longer want a previously authorised person to have continued access. You must otherwise maintain the confidentiality of your password and notify Central Highlands Water immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org if you become aware of any unauthorised use of your My Account login and password.
My Services is a free service for you as a Central Highlands Water customer which allows you to manage your Central Highlands Water plumbing consent and building applications online. To be eligible for My Services, you must be lodging an application on behalf of a property located within the Central Highlands Water service region.
To access My Services:
- you must be the primary contact for the plumbing consent application account;
- you will need a create a login (your email) and a secure password.
You are responsible for all actions taken by any person using My Services with your login and password (such as an authorised person or business associate). You should change your password if you no longer want a previously authorised person to have continued access. You must otherwise maintain the confidentiality of your password and notify Central Highlands Water immediately at email@example.com if you become aware of any unauthorised use of your My Services login and password.
Your use of My Account and/or My Services
When you use My Account and/or My Services, you must not:
- use either customer portal for any unlawful purpose;
- create or impersonate another person or misrepresent your or their authority to act;
- introduce any viruses or other malicious code;
- undermine or attempt to undermine the security or integrity of the computing systems or networks relating to or associated with My Account and/or My Services or Central Highlands Water’s IT system;
- attempt to gain, or allow others to gain, unauthorised access to such computing systems;
- attempt to decompile, or reverse-engineer any part of My Account and/or My Services or to obtain unauthorised access to either portal that are restricted from general access or which you do not have access to as a user; or
- transmit any material in violation of law or rights of any person, including material protected by copyright, material that is threatening or obscene, material that is defamatory or material protected by trade secrets or privacy.
Central Highlands Water acknowledges that you have non-excludable rights under the Australian Consumer Law that may apply to My Account and/or My Services. Subject to these non-excludable rights, Central Highlands Water does not warrant or represent that My Account and/or My Services is complete, current, secure or free from errors, omissions or viruses or that My Account and/or My Services will be always available or uninterrupted. If there is a discrepancy between a bill accessed through My Account and a bill issued to you via other means (such as email or post), the bill issued to you via other means will prevail. You are responsible for the accuracy of the data you enter on My Account and/or My Services. Central Highlands Water is not responsible for a transaction or the failure of a transaction where the data you enter is inaccurate or you do not complete the transaction.
What laws apply
The law applicable to these terms are the laws of Victoria.
My Account and My Services are provided by Central Highlands Region Water Corporation ABN 75 224 340 348 of 7 Learmonth Road, Wendouree, Victoria 3355 that supply water and wastewater services gas to you. To find out more about how Central Highlands Water collects, uses, holds and discloses your personal and credit information when you use My Account and/or My Services or this Website, see our privacy statement at www.chw.net.au/about-us/privacy-policy.