River and aquifer health is about improving the health of our waterways, wetlands and groundwater bores. It includes activities such as:
- restoring river bank vegetation
- removing and controlling weeds
- reducing the impact of works on waterways
- protecting and monitoring the health of water systems
- working with catchment management authorities to help maximise ecological benefits
Central Highlands Water has a well-established River and Aquifer Health Program that’s focused on implementing “on the ground” works programs to deliver real improvements to catchment health.