Kirks Reservoir park
|Large grassed area||Tables and chairs|
As one of the regions most exotic gardens, Kirks Reservoir Park is our most picturesque asset. Situated just 10 minutes drive from the Ballarat CBD, the park has ample parking, free undercover BBQs and toilet facilities.
The rotunda and surrounding gardens are ideal for wedding ceremonies (free, bookings required), and there are excellent learning opportunities for children and school groups to find out about the importance of water with the Outdoor Education Centre.
The entrance reservoir park is on the Daylesford-Ballarat Rd. Get there by taking exit C292 from the Western Hwy, or from Ballarat go via Victoria St (C805), turn left into Water St (C292), then turn right onto the Daylesford Rd exit.
Weddings and events
The rotunda and surrounding gardens are ideal for wedding ceremonies and community events – but it’s important you book well in advance.
- Although events and weddings are booked in advance, we cannot guarantee exclusive access to the area as Kirks Reservoir Park is a public place.
- Wedding ceremonies are only allowed during specified times and in an allocated area lawn wedding area.
- The rotunda is available for wedding ceremonies on request – only one ceremony is permitted during this time.
- A ‘take home rubbish’ policy exists in the park so please take your rubbish with you when you leave.
- No confetti is to be used in the park or gardens, including the carpark.
- Total fire ban days - car access is prohibited (park on Ballarat-Daylesford Rd instead). Access is available via pedestrian gates only.
How to book
In order to avoid overcrowding in the gardens we request some information about the duration and nature of your event, wedding or guided tour.
Please be aware that bookings will only be considered for events that meet our published guidelines.