Our Biodiversity and Land Protection Program aims to safeguard natural land and waterways or restore them to their natural state.
Key initiatives of the program are:
- maintaining a register that describes the current condition of land and waterways and identifies threats to them
- complete regular assessments of natural assets to determine quality and quantity.
- re-establishing native vegetation on areas of land impacted by our activities
- seasonal assessment reports for pest plant infestations and pest animal populations
- establishing impact based priorities for controlling pest plants and animals
- providing net gain biodiversity offsets where removal and reinstatement of vegetation is required for works projects
- a process for developing endangered species management plans for any identified species to prevent the decline of any rare species or ecological community