Policies and governance
Our policies provide guidance for the organisation and our staff in relation to compliance, risk management and accountability.
Our strategic corporate and business plans are our guiding documents. They define the direction and objectives of our business and our people for the next five years.
These plans outline our commitment to our customers and stakeholders, including our business and community partnerships and our strategies to ensure a sustainable future.
For more details about Central Highlands Water’s strategic corporate and business plan documents, or to make an appointment to view them, please contact us on 1800 061 514.
- Occupational Health and Safety Policy
- Drinking Water Quality Policy
- Environmental Management Policy
- Privacy and Data Protection Policy
- Dams Management Policy
- Water Catchment Protection Policy - Currently under review
The following are just some of the federal and state legislation/regulations that guide our operations and activities:
- Building Act 1993
- Environment Protection Act 1970 (Vic)
- Essential Services Act 1958
- Financial Management Act 1994
- Freedom of Information Act 1982 (Vic)
- Health Fluoridation Act 1973
- Privacy and Data Protection Act 2014
- Protected Disclosure Act 2012
- Public Administration Act
- Planning and Environment Act 1987
- Safe Drinking Water Act 2003
- Safe Drinking Water Regulations 2015
- Terrorism (Community Protection) Act 2003 (Vic)
- Water Act 1989
- Water Industry Act 1994 (Vic)
Under the Water Act, we can enact by-laws effective within our service area as required.